An opinionated blog beginning with advice on how to create the ultimate French sauces
Intro: Bananas Flambé is a simple-to-make dessert composed of caramelized sugar and bananas topped with vanilla ice-cream.
Preparing Bananas Flambé
1) Sauté butter and sugar until blended.
2) Add bananas and heat the mixture until the bananas are just mixed in.
3) Pull the pan off the stove, add the brandy, and carefully put the pan back on the flame.
Brandy is added
4) Cook until the sauce becomes thick, and the bananas soften. The sauce should be caramel colored and creamy in consistency.
5) Top with vanilla ice-cream and serve immediately.